Ummm...Please Don't Steal My Craziness...Okay? Thanks!

People I Love...follow along if you're so inclined!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why does the guy at Sears need my phone number before he can speak with me??

What's up with that? I was calling to make an appointment to have the twins' pictures taken - 3 months...you know...big deal. This guy(kid) doesn't even ask why I'm calling before he wants my phone number...what??? Then he gets all flustered when I won't give it to him. Now, I'm not the kind of person who just gives that information out b/c then I'm afraid that people will call me (God forbid). I avoid the phone like the plague and that's the reason that I don't have a house phone...only cell phones for us! I don't even like calling these places in the first place...I think that when I show up ready for our picture, they should be ready for me...gotta love that sense of entitlement! Where did I learn that from?

I just hate making appointments when you're dealing with two 3-month olds! It's almost impossible!!! Oh well...maybe I'll just show up there early in the morning next week rather than try it on the weekend...maybe there will be an adult working there...maybe they'll have everything all set up for me! Maybe I'll jump back into reality one of these days and realize that the stars will never align for us like that...oh the misery!

Where do you guys go for pictures? Better yet...where don't you go?

7 comments:

Amanda said...

We did maternity shots at Portrait Innovations. They were wonderful! And they take walk-ins. They didn't even give me any sort of grief when I rescheduled the morning of our first appointment.

I cannot stand it when people want your phone number before anything else! You know they just want to bug you later. Grrrrr

Gibson Twins said...

I can't wait to see the pics wherever you get them done- they will be gorgeous!

Personally, where I DON'T GO:
Sears, JCPenney (too many bad experiences with cheap pics), Walmart

Where I DO GO:
Picture People
Portrait Innovations

Both those places give you your prints the same day. PI has a $10 package year around that gives you 10 sheets - way more than I ever need! PP is a little pricier than PI but definitely worth it IMO.

Denise said...

How annoying. I called Home Depot the other day to have something put on hold to be picked up by my mom later that afternoon. We're talking like 3 hours later. They wanted a credit card number to hold it. I refused. How ridiculous is that? What's wrong with these places?

Brandi said...

I like Kiddie Kandid. They are usually pretty good about working with you. When I had the boys 4 month pics taken there they didn't even flinch when it took FOREVER to get a good shot due to overly fussy babies. I found with Sears that if you do walk-in then show up early (like when they are just opening) and during the week is definitely best. Don't try to walk in after about 2 or even think about it on a weekend! Hope the pics come out good! Can't wait to see them!

Shoebee said...

I like the Target in Gaithersburg (Washingtonian Center...The Double Decker Target). Usually there is not a wait, and they do digitals and you can see the picture before ordering. Only draw back, sometimes the photographer is young, very young. I have had great pictures from them though, and with 4 kids. Nice thing, if you have to wait, it is a nice walk to the lake and back. That is where I had my twins have their 3month old pics....8+ years ago. Good luck no matter where you go.

MereCat said...

We've never done a formal sitting. Only home pictures. I'm not very brave about scheduling either.

wifethereof said...

We went to JC Penney's You can make the appt online.