These children of mine are constantly moving! It's hysterical...and a little freaky! My belly ebbs and flows...I don't know if bellies are supposed to do that! Here are the updates for this week:
1. The babies' room is finally set up...my Mom came this weekend and got my ass into gear. Actually, she worked me to the bone (if you consider sitting in a chair and cutting tags off Newborn clothes "work"), but I am so thankful that some of the stuff is done. We washed all of the clothes, bedding, and blankets...it took forever, but it's DONE!
2. I had my shower with my school friends on Friday afternoon...it was amazing. I can't believe that people actually like me that much! My friends Jenny, Kelli, and Amy put it all together and really poured their hearts and souls into making it perfect...and it was. Thank you so much...I do not know what I did to get so lucky, but I am so appreciative.
3. Hemorrhoids suck.
4. It hurts to move now...if I sit on the couch for more than 15 minutes, I am pain for the rest of the night...yet I'm supposed to stay off my feet? How is that supposed to work?
5. My doctor's appointment went well this week...we talked about preliminary birth plans...my blood pressure and weight are fine (we're up to 175.4). I have to take my second glucose test this coming Friday and I am petrified...I don't want to go on a gestational diabetes diet! I like to have a piece of chocolate every now and then!
6. When contractors say that the windows and siding will take 2 days...don't believe them! I took Friday off to relax before my shower...that was a joke. They were in and out, pounding nails, asking me questions...whatever! Just put the shit up! Anyway, the windows are in (Bill doesn't think they did a good job with the caulk and cleaning up, so he's pissed, but nothing may be good enough for him). The house sounds a lot better...those old windows were crap! The siding is finished on one side of the house...why can't they finish the front first? The rest of the house is shrouded in this shadow of light blue styrofoam sheething. It's just lovely. I can live with it for a few more days, but I really want it done!
7. I think that if I cut my leg shaving, water might start to pour out rather than blood. Can my ankles/feet actually get more swollen? It's ridiculous! I'm drinking 2.5 - 3 liters of water a day! How much more can I drink??? Oh well...I know it's for the best b/c the water directly impacts the amount of amniotic fluid for the babies...I gotta keep it up!
That's all for now. Hope all is well in everyone else's world...9 more school days for me!!!