- 5:00 - Kids are napping and Bill and I discuss how the night will go. We typically do this so that we know what time we're waking them up and things like that. We're really working on no surprises!
- 7:00 - Kids wake up, we have baths, try to take pictures for their two month "birthday" and they eat dinner.
- 7:30 - 8:00 - Kids fall asleep for a little while.
- 8:00 - Bill goes upstairs to watch the Red Sox game (he's a Phillies fan, but he still likes to watch the other teams...I think he's scouting so that he can subliminally tell the Phillies what to do) and I stay downstairs to hang out, surf the net, and watch television.
- 10:00 - I go upstairs for something and Bill asks me what time we're waking them up and I tell him around 11:00. He says fine.
- 11:05 - I get up to make the bottles and can't reach the new can of formula, so I go upstairs and get Bill to get it out for me...no problem.
- 11:15 - I go upstairs and start to get the babies up, changed, and ready for their late night snack. At this point, I notice that the bedroom light is off, but the game is still on. I peek my head in there and can't tell what Bill is doing, but I'm not really concerned...he knows what we're doing. Matthew gets changed first and is smiling his little face off, so I put him in the big chair while I change Hailey. The smiling does last from Mr. Matthew...he starts screaming his head off, but that's okay because I need to finish with Hailey. Bill comes in and picks Matthew up and looks really weird, but he's been sick...I'm used to him looking pained.
- 11:25 - We all get downstairs and Bill is pissed off. He takes the lid off of Hailey's bottle and slams it down on the table...he is so angry! I don't know why, so I ask him what his problem is. He tells me that he's tired and that I woke him up and he doesn't want to have a conversation. He proceeds to feed Hailey with this look on face like he's going to kill someone. He continues to tell me that it's my fault that he's up (not like the crying baby had anything to do with it) and that we can't feed them like this during the week because he has to work (not like we didn't agree on the time together earlier in the evening). So, I just took it...I listened to him bitch and moan and don't really say much in response...I have this uncanny knack of just sitting there with a wise-ass look/smile on my face which typically pisses people off more than actually saying anything.
- 11:45 - Bill is literally falling asleep when he's feeding Hailey. Finally she finishes, he burps her, and takes her upstairs. When he gets up I say, "I'll wash the bottles. Why don't you go to bed and play with your va-jay-jay." That was my one dig...I know...it's not very mature, but I had to say something. He totally blamed me for getting up to feed our children...am I not supposed to feed the children?
- 11:50 - Bill comes back down to wash the bottles...didn't I just say I would do that?
- 11:55 - I take Matthew upstairs and put him to bed. I brush my teeth and go into the bedroom. Right as I open the door, the television shuts off (like he's not supposed to be watching it?) and he's not saying a word. So, I get into bed and don't say anything...I don't know what his problem is, but I'm not going to try to figure it out because it's so irrational.
- 3:45 AM - I awaken to a baby crying and Bill getting out of bed and starting to change them. I typically do this, so I'm pleasantly surprised and I go down to make the bottles. We get them both downstairs and start to feed them. Bill says to me, "Why didn't we feed them earlier?" I say, "We did...you were a complete dick." He says, "I don't remember that at all." Then he notices that I'm not really speaking to him and says, "Do I owe you an apology?" This just makes me think that he really does remember what happened, but he's going to deny that he remembers it. I say, "You certainly do and you also owe me flowers...that was ridiculous." He continues to apologize and I tell him the stupid crap that he said. He thinks it's funny and I'm still slightly pissed off.
- 4:15 AM - We all go back to bed and Bill starts a conversation about his earlier phone call with his Mom...ummmm...can we go back to sleep now? It was so weird though. Earlier he was such an asshole and now he wants to talk! WTF???
- 8:15 - Babies are up again and again, Bill is in there changing them! Where is this coming from? I deduce that it's guilt...he remembers being mean and feels bad about it.
- 11:30 - Bill notices that I'm blogging...he knows that I'm going to put this on the blog. It's only fair...I have never put anything mean about him on this blog and it's about time. Plus, I want to remember this incident...he asks me to mention that he was still sick.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
So, yesterday we spent the day mostly at home and the kids were very happy...they had baths and got to hang out with Daddy and that makes them happy. Here is the time line of our day and how it ended...sweet dreams to me? I think not...