So, my babies are 11 weeks old. I was talking to my Mom on Sunday night and she reminded me of how I felt the night before they were born. God, I was in a lot of pain! I was so happy to get those babies out of me! It's funny...I don't remember being excited to meet them...just to get out of that pain. Now I can't imagine my life without them and the pain all seems worth it. Not that I'd want to experience that again, but it is totally worth it.
I brought the kids into my old school yesterday...it was a Professional Work Day, so there were no kids (thank God...little germ-bags). It was so great to see everyone. The babies were great until the very end (considering I brought them right smack in the middle of their morning nap). Everyone just loved them and it was nice to be around people for a change!
What do I miss about working? I miss wearing cute clothes (rather than workout clothes every day). I miss being around women...love the women that I work with. The guys weren't bad either, but the women really gave me a sense of togetherness. I do miss that. I also miss the kids...yes, teaching 8th grade is not for the faint of heart, but I loved every minute of it. Kids at that age are so needy, but in a completely different way than little kids. They need so much guidance and I really related to them - maybe that's because I never really grew up! What I don't miss is the parents, paperwork, and politics. I don't miss those things at all!
Updates about the babies:
- Smiles like crazy - especially when we go to get him out of his crib
- Loves to play with the mirror and the little puppy that sings
- Does a great time at picking up his head during Tummy Time
- Has started to cry hysterically when we put him down for naps/bedtime...we're talking screaming his head off...and then falls right to sleep! It's ridiculous! He's also gotten really quick at going from a great mood during playtime to a horrible mood and having to go down ASAP. I don't know why, but you really have to watch him because we're talking seconds here.
- Loves passing out when we go for walks.
- Grabs the back of my shirt when I carry him around...it's so cute...he just grasps and grasps for now apparent reason, but the feeling is so sweet!
- Thinks it's hysterical when I play with Hailey...he watches me with her and smiles his little face off!
- Smiles like crazy when we go to get her out of her crib - I'm beginning to think that morning may be one of my most favorite times with the kids.
- Loves to eat, but needs to take breaks - which drives Bill crazy. For whatever reason, she'll take half a bottle and then just stop eating. We'll burp her and she still won't take the bottle back. She'll open her mouth, but just spit the formula back out. If you wait and talk to her for about 5-7 minutes, she'll take the bottle again and finish it! It's too funny...it really drives Bill nuts in the middle of the night!
- Has started to rub her face into our shirts when she's really tired. It's almost like she wants to rub her eyes, but can't figure out how to get her hands to her eyes, so just uses whatever is available.
- Watches me intently when I sing along with the musical Puppy...when I'm done, she smiles like crazy. I can't wait until they can sing along with me!
- Doesn't really get into Tummy Time...just lies there and waits to be rolled over. She loves to do her exercises and is much more patient than her brother.
- She has started to look at her brother and watch what he does. It's too funny!
Election Day - one thing I forgot to mention is that the guy at the polling place let me go to the front of the line...I think that he was afraid the babies would blow up...there are some perks here, aren't there? Go vote!!!