Ummm...Please Don't Steal My Craziness...Okay? Thanks!

People I Love...follow along if you're so inclined!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Early Riser...NOOOOOOO!!!

If you've ever lived with me (and most of you have not), you know that I am not a morning person. Granted, when I was teaching, I would get up at 5 AM without even hitting the snooze, but that doesn't mean I was happy about it. Now that I have kids, I have realized that getting up at 5 AM is inhumane. It's just not something that I want to do again....ever. I know that I will need to go back to work at some point. I also know that at that point, I will need to get 2 kids ready for work and out the door...that will not be my strong suit...I can guarantee that! However, until that time, I was hoping for a respite.

I actually got it too. There was a long time that my kids would not stir before 7 AM. I even got them to 8:20 at one was heavenly.

There has been a change.

Now that Matthew can crawl, he thinks it's appropriate for him to wake up at 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, etc. It's not. I can say that in all's not. It's not appropriate and not appreciated. I am trying with all my might to convince myself that this is just a phase...that he'll fall back into the 7:00 wake-up time soon enough, but it's not happening. Instead of throwing myself off a bridge (like I feel like doing as I blindly stumble into their room searching for one of the 5 binkies that he has thrown out of his crib and shoving it into his mouth), I continue to try to put him back to sleep. I am steadfast in this quest and will emerge victorious! See? I'm trying to talk myself into it again! Gotta love delusional behavior in new Moms!!!


Kelly said...

Keep working at it! Good luck!!

Danifred said...

I sooooooo feel your pain! Ugh!

Amanda said...

Jack seems to like the 5 o'clock hour too. Bad!!!

Jill said...

Ugh that's rough. And the babies share a room, right? I'm always afraid the early riser is going to wake her sister but I won't go in to get them up for the day until 6 am. She's got to entertain herself until then (and is typically happy doing that). I'm also not a morning person!

CaraBee said...

We went through a super early rising phase too. It sucked, big time. Now when she gets up before 7, I turn on the TV and doze while she watches Yo Gabba Gabba. I'm probably a terrible mother.

Amy said...

Yep, get used to it. He won't break that habit until he starts high school. There's so much for him to see and do; he doesn't want to miss a minute.