Let me just say that I am not under the influence of any alcohol as I write this post. I am wine free...willingly (can you believe it?).
I love wine. That being said, I am no kind of wine connoisseur (thank you spell check! I can't spell that word for the life of me!). I know very little about wines. I know what I have learned from working in restaurants, but other than that, very little. I have decided to list what I know about wine to prove that I am no poser (I just reread my list and it's more a list of what I like about wine rather than what I know about wine...again, not under the influence):
- I like wine in my glass.
- I like wine when I'm sitting on my couch.
- I like white wine...especially on hot summer nights.
- I like white wine, in the summer, out of plastic glasses...so classy.
- I like wine in most social situations (Kindermusik and storytime excluded for obvious reasons...and those reasons aren't that I'd be around kids and other Moms...it's because I have to drive, silly!).
- I know that you're supposed to drink red wine with steak and red meat. I do like red wine. I do not like the unfortunate stain you get on your teeth when you've had more than two glasses. It's a dead give away saying, "I'm a little tipsy and have no idea what an idiot I look like!" Smile. Smile. Grin. Grin. Lean. Lean. Giggle. Giggle. That's what red wine does to me!
- I know that you're supposed to have white wine with chicken and fish.
- I know that I love Voga Pinot Grigio and I mostly love it because it costs less than $10 per bottle.
- I like to have two glasses a night...not one, but two. It's a little OCD thing of mine. I like to do things in even numbers.
- I love to drink wine with my sister and my mother...we just get silly!
Trivial? Maybe, but it's my blog...my "little things" are what keep me going every day.