Okay, back on track...do you see how this Christmas is causing ADD??
There has been a lot happening, but I don't quite know how to get it all out, so I'm going to try...with one of my infamous lists.
- The babies are on one nap a day. I really like this schedule. They are sleeping better at night. They are taking longer naps in the afternoon. The one issue? I am freaking EXHAUSTED by the time they go down for naps! Who knew that working non-stop from 7:00 - 1:00 could wear me out! Plus, finding things to keep them occupied in the morning is proving to be a challenge...it was okay before the Big Blizzard of '09 came along, but this snow is really cramping our style.
- We had our pictures taken with Santa...I would show them to you, but they're on the computer downstairs (an issue that I can't even get into right now, but one that is actually frustrating me more than I thought it would) and it's too cold to go down there right now. They did fine...Hailey cried and Matt just stared at him. They did a good job...I did it by myself too...crazy, right?
- My grandmother (Nana) is in a rehabilitation facility and does not want to get out of bed. I feel so helpless because I am here and she is in NY. I really really really want to go see her. I may have to plan a visit in January...we'll see how things go. I am trying to call when I can, but sometimes, I make it to the end of the day and there is a list of things that I haven't done that just sends me over the edge. Plus, I know she's probably sleeping by then anyway. I feel guilty b/c I can't be there. Sad because she's not getting much better. Happy because she's being taken care of by very well-trained staff. Confused b/c I don't know how it got so bad so fast. Guilty b/c my Dad is taking care of every little detail (which can be draining and exhausting). It's just hard being far away...I'll leave it at that.
- I am excited for Christmas morning. The kids are really cute about things this year. Every time they come downstairs, they wait for the tree to be lit and their cute little eyes just blossom into excitement. Both kids try to "love" the tree, but always end up getting pricked in the face by pine needles...they think it's hysterical. We have a million presents tucked into our guest room and it looks so yummy! It's going to be such a good time.
- My skills as a baker are improving...I made Toffee Crunch Bars and chocolate cupcakes (okay, okay...from a mix, but it's Ghirar.delli, so they're sooooo good). I plan on making peanut butter balls (just writing "balls" makes me giggle) for my BIL and I think I may even attempt Butter Cookies for Bill (even though I'm sure I won't be able to come close to his mother's recipe). I am actually quite proud of myself and love that Bill is giving me some time to work on this stuff.
- Snow...we have a lot of it. A bit too much for my liking, but that's life, right? My county has actually done a decent job clearing the roadways. I think for all of the times that we bitch about living on a busy road, at least we have a clear road. A lot of people on the back roads still aren't plowed...we consider ourselves lucky for having a clear road. Why don't you have pictures of the kids in the snow? One might ask, but the pictures are downstairs...on the other computer...the cold computer. I'll get them up...promise.
- My family is coming to visit on Christmas. I can't wait to see them...I hate the travel part, but I love the time we can spend together. I still have to do our big grocery shopping, but we'll get it done and hopefully everyone will be happy!
- I am a wrapping fiend.
- Bill has been a very good boy this year...he's definitely on Santa's "Nice" List.
- I have not been good at getting to the gym...I suck...and I'm soft.
- If you tell Hailey and Matthew to stomp, they bang their little feet on the ground and laugh their little heads off.
- Speaking of their little heads...I need HELP!!! Everytime they get frustrated or angry, they bang their heads on something. It could be the floor, a wall, the side of the bathtub (yes, like little battering rams). It was kind of cute at first, but now it's just getting horrible. Hailey banged her head so hard on a toy the other day that she has a bruise. Matt literally slams his head into the floor when he's reprimanded and it gets worse if you try to get them to stop. Has anyone out there had experience with this? We are at our wits' ends and someone's going to get hurt soon!
- Christmas Budget = BUSTED (sorry Bill)
- I feel better...I updated the blog, drank my coffee, and the kids are just waking up. Nice timing, Mommy!
- I will post pictures soon...just have to warm up the basement. No words...just pictures...I promise (because I know I can be a little wordy)!