- Mini Nilla Wafers are the favorite dessert treat. We tried a little variation with Teddy Grahams, but it was a no go (especially for Miss Hailey). She flat out refused those adorable little bears and was elated when I got the other box of cookies...the better box apparently. So picky at such a young age...I have my work cut out for me!
- They turned 17 months on the 18th. How did that happen?
- We walk into the gym, the library, and the grocery store...holding hands...v.e.r.y.s.l.o.w.l.y. No more strollers for us...we like to enjoy the scenery. Probably one more reason why I hibernate in bad weather...I can't imagine taking one of those long walks in the cold rain! It is adorable though...they hold my hand and check everything out. People are great about going around us and complimenting them on their walking. We have also relied on several people to hold doors for us as the little ones don't like to let go of Mommy's finger for a second! One day on the way out of the gym, Matthew became obsessed with the license plates on the cars. Unfortunately, Hailey was on the side with the cars, so every single time he wanted to touch a license plate (and that was every single car), he had to cross over my body, stop Hailey from walking, and then reset. I cherish these times b/c there will be a time when they go so quickly that I can't keep up with them!
- The head banging has receded. I can't say that it never happens, but it's gotten a lot better.
- Matthew thinks it is hysterical to kiss his own reflection in the oven door. It really is the funniest thing and I finally got it on video...now I just have to figure out how to convert the video!
- Hailey thinks everything is funny...she'll stop dead in her tracks, hold her arms out in front of her, and laugh her little head off. Then she'll look at us like "why aren't you laughing?" when we have no idea what is funny!
- They kiss each other good night...adorable!!!!
- Today they became obsessed with walking in between my legs (yes, as I was making lunch...perfect timing). Now, I'm not that tall, so this is a very interesting process. I just love it when they try to go through at the same time!
- Words...where are all of our words? Matt can say Yes, Duck, Dada, Mama, Meow, and I'm pretty sure he said Orange this morning at breakfast (of course he wouldn't repeat himself). Hailey seems to have her own little language which Matt understands. She looks us dead in the eye and spouts all of her gibberish becoming increasingly frustrated b/c we have no idea what she's talking about. She can really belt it out, but we have no idea what she's talking about. I'm not too concerned because they understand everything...they follow commands...they know their body parts and I'm pretty sure they know colors too. We'll see what the doctor says at their 18-month appt.
- Hailey lip-synchs when I'm singing. She looks like the kids in the Charlie Brown chorus. No sound...only lips moving.
- They freak out over all Sesame Street characters.
- When we're coming in from the car, they like to walk by themselves. I hold their hands b/c we have a pretty steep driveway (and it's all muddy out...who wants to deal with that?). They love it. They climb the steps, say hi to the bushes, point at the grass, laugh as they come up the steps b/c they can see their reflection in the glass door, get all excited when they make it in the front door...just basically the most fun they have all day. They are too much!
- Matthew can almost climb into the bathtub by himself.
- Leg hugs are the best!
- They love these freaking legos...ugh.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
TKO...Mini Nilla Wafers Triumph Over Teddy Grahams
So, I think I need to do some updates about the kids. People tell me my blog posts are crazy and they're worried about me...I don't know why...have I been complaining? Yeah, well, it's January...I hate January and February. I'll be my usual chipper self in March (plus it's my birthday month)! Here's the happenings with the little ones: