So, anyway, I'm visiting my sister this weekend sans children.
That's right...all by myself.
So, I was thinking what this weekend would be like. How will I be different?
- I will not repeatedly ask anyone if they have pooped.
- I will most certainly not sniff anyone's tushie to see if they have pooped.
- I will not use the word tushie.
- I will not ask if the restaurant has a children's menu.
- I will not wipe anyone's nose.
- I will not use a Wet-One to sanitize our table and chairs when we go out to eat.
- I will not survey stores prior to entering to see if our double stroller can fit down the aisles.
- I will not put anyone in the car before I put myself in the car.
- I will not over-exuberantly point out trucks, motorcycles, birds, or fire engines when I'm in a car or walking down the street.
- I will not weigh my bag down with diapers, wipes, sippy cups, snacks, cars, books, or an emergency box of yogurt covered raisins.
- I will play loud music while putting my makeup on.
- If someone picks up something that remotely resembles a bat or a sword, I will not remind them that it is not a weapon and that they should not hit anyone and that it is not nice.
- I will not remind anyone that head butting is a no-no.
- I will not wonder where random stains on my shirt came from.
- I will wear shoes inside the house.
- I will not wonder if teething is the reason for anyone being snippy with me.
- I will not worry about getting peed on.
- I will not recite our entire day's itinerary to anyone in a very clear and upbeat voice.
- I will not wonder if I will make it down the stairs in one piece because my arms are laden with very heavy babies.
- I will not open or climb gates at every turn.
- I will not leave the bathroom door open when peeing just in case someone "misses me."
- I will not worry that my necklace will bruise anyone's head from them repeatedly slamming their skull against my chest.
- I will not wonder if my hands smell like poop.
- I will not forget every conversation I have this weekend.
Seriously though, Husband will do great. He's actually planning an outing or two. That's crazy b/c in all of the time that we have had these two little ones with us, I think that Bill has taken both of them out in public...ummm...let me count...once? I think I'm being generous there (he would definitely disagree with me). He'll be fine though...it doesn't help that heavy rain is forecasted for the entire weekend...that makes it 10x tougher!
I wonder if he'll blog for me...that would be awesome, wouldn't it?
I will miss them terribly, but it's good to get away. I really need to hang with my sister and my Mom...and myself!