Suddenly, I noticed that they are using their fingers and forks and everything else that they can find as a method to scoop ketchup into their mouths. It's disgusting...they won't eat ice cream, but ketchup is a major staple in their diet???
You may ask, at this point, "why are you still giving them ketchup if you're so against it?" It's cute...simply said...it's cute and they love it and who am I to take this little pleasure away from them?
Here are some other weird habits that I picked up on yesterday:
- Hailey will take the peas out of the pod and then try to put them back in...typical Hailey...always trying to clean up. She won't actually eat the peas, but she'll try to reorganize them.
- You won't eat the dates rolled in coconut (yummy!) that I bought for you, but you'll try like crazy to suck on your own feet!
- You guys loved sweet potatoes when we were giving you baby food...loved them. However, now that I'm trying to give you sweet potato fries, you look at me as if I've handed you fried poo...try them...they're good. What is it about fried food that turns you off? It's the best way I know of to mix a vegetable and a starch and you're refusing it...what gives?
- That being said, sweet potato fries are not a tool for getting more ketchup to your little mouths. I appreciate the fact that you are trying to multi-task with your fries, but if you want more ketchup, just use your hands...it's weird to watch you suck the ketchup off the fries and then throw the fries down in disgust. It's just weird.
- Kids, we are not Greek...we do not need to throw our plates and cups to the floor when we are finished eating. I'm really not into this display of completion that has come about at meal times. Please stop doing it!
- What do you mean you don't want cookies at the end of a meal? If you don't have one, then I can't have one!!!