This article made me very sad...I cannot say whether what the family did was right or wrong...I don't know all of the circumstances, but this poor kid. Now he feels like he doesn't have a place in this world...
It also makes me sad that they're thinking about freezing adoptions to the U.S. I'm not saying we're a perfect country, but so many adoptions have been dreams come true...to take that away from other families and children is very sad.
Here is the article if you haven't already read it.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Can you believe Miss Sippy Cups is getting tired of the end-of-week-wrap-up? Alas, she is...so, this may be our last for a while.
- Do you watch The Amazing Race? I do and I have a confession to make. The lesbian with the dark hair is HOT! She's in amazing shape...I wonder how old she is. She makes being a lesbian look good (as opposed to the butchier lesbians which is just not something I'm into). Don't get me wrong...I'm not a lesbian, but if I were, I'd like her!
- Apparently I'm going for a new World Record for number of days I'm exhausted in a row.
- The Keurig machine that my Dad got us for Christmas makes me drink lots more coffee...I love it!
- I love when Husband exclaims about what a rough night Matt had sleeping while all he did was lay in bed and punch the mattress...really? Was that rough, Honey?
- Just say no...that's becoming our motto around here. We're trying to coordinate a lot and we are constantly inconveniencing ourselves in the process. Today, we just said no...no, we can't get the shed delivered tomorrow b/c there is just too much going on and we're not going to bust our asses to get everything perfect for something that isn't a dire emergency. They're delivering it next weekend instead.
- Does anyone else have the issue of finding it nearly impossible to make phone calls? It's either the kids are up my a$$ or it's nap time and I just don't feel like talking to anyone. I'm afraid that Husband is going to start using this against me.
- If it were up to me this week, I wouldn't stop eating...my kids, on the other hand, seem to be on a hunger strike...seriously...finish a damn meal! Hailey, start a damn meal!
- I have really really enjoyed not tutoring this week. The county that educates all of my students had spring break this week and it has been wonderful...although, I didn't get nearly as much done as I thought I could. It was so nice not to run around like crazies though...we ate most meals together and I loved it!!!
- We, like so many others, had our air conditioning on over the past few days...I don't feel one ounce of guilt either. It's been awesome!
- I love how much easier it is to get the kids dressed and out of the house in the warmer weather...t-shirt, shorts, and shoes...let's go! It's great!
- I love playing outside with the kids...if I could just get rid of the bugs, pollen, ants, dirt, and the fact that our backyard seems incapable of sprouting grass, it would be perfect!
- My Mama is coming this weekend...I can't wait!