Where do I begin? I love you so much. You are such a bright light in my world and I'm sure as I continue to watch you grow, you will continue to surprise me with your love of making people happy. I am going to try to write you a letter on every Mother's Day expressing my feelings for you and recapping what is going on in your life.
- You love to "fix" things and figure out how things work. Every time Daddy gets started on a project, you're right in there. You're very good at it too!
- You love to vacuum.
- There are so many times that you have woken up from your nap to find Hailey still sleeping. You quietly sit in your crib and play with Louie until she wakes up. You're a very considerate young man.
- When we're outside, you want to explore every part of the yard. You also love to play with the broom...on the grass.
- You have the best laugh.
- When you make a mistake and hit Hailey, you are very sweet about apologizing to her. You always go over and try to give her a kiss.
- Trucks are your passion.
- You dance like a caveman. One leg on the ground and then the other...that's all...no other movement. Unless you start shaking your head like a heavy metal band...that's always a little dangerous though!
- Independent doesn't even start to describe you...it makes me proud.
- You love to read...
- You are so into buckling your own car seat. You get so frustrated because I try to do the difficult part...I just don't want you pinching your fingers!
- When you eat something that you really like, you use both of your hands to shove the food into your mouth. It's awesome...pure unadulterated excitement for your food.
- When I bring you to the Kids Zone at the gym, they are always so happy to see you. They try to get you to play with the other kids, but you inevitably "guard" the door until I return.
- When we go to the supermarket, you always ask for PAID stickers and you need one for each hand. You won't take them off when you wash your hands for lunch, but as soon as you get in the highchair, you want them off. The problem is that now the stickiness has transferred to your hands and you totally freak out. I wonder if you think it's your skin, but it's not...let me help you!
- You are very cuddly. You love to hug our legs and give kisses in the morning (even if I have to ask for it sometimes).
- Everything Hailey has, you want. I think this is b/c you want to spend more time with her, but I'm not too sure. I'm serious...it's everything. She does not handle it well, but you are not easily deterred. You know what you want and you won't take no for an answer. Hopefully you'll figure out which toys are "off limits" according to Hailey. Sometimes I get afraid for your safety with her wild screams!
- Sometimes you and Hailey play very nicely together. I can honestly say that those "too quiet" moments (you know the ones...where you wonder what the heck your kids are up to) have more often than not resulted in moments like the one pictured below. See? You're not enemies all the time!
- You love to get attention from strangers, but the minute they give it to you, you play shy! What's up with that?