We have been in Ki.ndermusik since the kids were 6 months old...they could barely hold sit up on their own.
Okay, they couldn't really sit up on their own. Every time I left their sides, they toppled over. Thinking back on it, it was pretty funny. When I was in the moment, I felt like a horrible mother as my kids plummeted face down onto the squishy mat...and cried hysterically.
Now, 15 months later, they're dancing around, banging on drums, singing along, and totally engaged in the class.
Sadly though, all good things must come to an end.
This week we attended our final Kindermu.sik class...it will be missed...for the most part.
Miss Peggy asked if we were going over the summer (no, too much traveling/screwing off) and if we'd be back in the Fall (no, kids are going to school on the same day as class). That was an easy out...
Things I'll miss:
- Watching the kids interact with other kids and their parents.
- Walking in with them...always scary in any parking lot, but I love holding their little hands.
- Getting new CDs and memorizing all the silly songs...then watching the kids learn them.
- Dancing around like a complete moron and not really caring b/c other people look dumber than me.
- My friend, LE...not in our class this "semester," but a great friend. She has more energy than I would even know what to do with and has so much fun with her son! She's the one who had the amazing Easter Egg Hunt this Spring...so awesome! Ummm...I just searched and I never blogged about LE's awesome Easter Egg Hunt...I suck!
- My friend, DD...I could look at her and she'd start giggling b/c she knew exactly what I was thinking. She would roll her eyes at my completely inappropriate remarks. She made this class semi-normal. We tried to go to the park for a picnic, but it seriously rained every single week when it started to get warm enough...yuck! Oh, and her son is a Yankees fan which automatically gets his mother on my good side. I also think she's from Jersey so bonus points!
- Watching Miss Peggy drop the hammer when a kid did something inappropriate. She is the sweetest lady in the world, but she didn't like when kids stepped out of line. I was especially amused when said child was Matt! He wasn't the only one though...and he didn't get the worst of it!!!
- Trying really hard not to mix up Miss Peggy with Miss Piggy...that was a hard one!
- Running around like a crazy person in the morning.
- Driving 35 minutes to sit in a hot room, listen to dumb music, and dance around like a drunk fairy for 30 minutes...just to turn around the drive back home.
- The lift...that thing will continue to haunt me.
- Getting stuck in the lift...seriously...this is not good for a claustrophobic with twins.
- Listening to other Moms have stupid conversations about their rabbits and why they want an angora rabbit (BTW...it's because they want to make sweaters out of the wool...ummm...what???).
- Wondering if that kid is a boy or a girl...it's name is Daniel, but I'm still confused. The pink socks that it was wearing didn't help me at all.
- Watching certain kids get no discipline at all...seriously folks, DO SOMETHING!!!