- I am pretty sure that I have too many blankets. Everywhere I look, there is opportunity to curl up under a blanket. The only problem is, I don't curl anymore. Stupid Knee.
- Finishing up my second week of PT. I'm pretty sure Therapist (that's the same name for the girl therapist and the guy therapist...I'm out of creativity) is trying to kill me.
- I feel horrible for the kid who threw himself off the GW Bridge this week. It's terrible and it just doesn't make any sense. It seriously angers me because it can all be avoided if people weren't such assholes and thought that they were better than other people. I just wonder what brings you to that point. What makes you literally take that leap? Do you not see that life could always be worse? This is not the worst thing in the world. Things get better. Things get easier. It's never worth taking your life. You just let them assholes win.
- I used to think that people who said their joints hurt when it rained were just big huge wimps...turns out, I'm wrong.
- The Crazies have a nightlight that is a turtle. It has three colors that you can choose. Every night, it's a fucking HUGE fight over which color it's going to be and someone inevitably ends up crying (because we can't agree, right? NOOOOO!!! We can never agree!). So, I decided to get the same nightlight, but in ladybug form. Now they only want to deal with the colors of the ladybug and screw the turtle (ageism). It's still a fight...I refuse to entertain this ridiculous argument. It will be the color that I find most attractive at the particular moment...argument solved...Mommy wins. Why is this centered???????? Stupid formatting!!!!
- One of the best things about
being hurtrecovering is not having to do baths. I'm sure you all know how much I hate bath time. Husband wants to kill me b/c it's all up to him now and they're more difficult/opinionated, but he's been doing it like a trooper. The good thing for him now is that he's stopped showering them at the same time (which was an effing nightmare). While one is in the shower, one is down with me. I can't explain how much I LOVE the individual time I get to spend with the Crazy that is not showering. We read. We snuggle under blankets. We talk. We hold hands. I love it. I don't get this often, so I'm going to suck it all in while I can.
- That's right...my kids are strictly on showers now. Yes, they're only 2. They can also understand that we're spelling, so we are no longer able to communicate. We're screwed.
- Do you love Old School Rap? My sister shared this clip from Jimmy Fallon...Justin Timberlake is in it (and who doesn't love him?) and it's great...love it and even if you never watch videos on blogs, suck it up and do it...it's worth it!
- Will I ever sleep through the night again?