Even at my ripe old age (just realized the other day that if I'm middle-aged now, I'll die when I'm 72 and that ain't too shabby), there were things that I did this year and I had never done before.
Feel free to join me (just link back to my blog like a good friend) if there are things/events/experiences you'd like to record from 2010.
Here's my list of awesomeness:
- Used a Crock Pot for the first time since we received it at our wedding in 2005. I'm getting pretty good at the thing too!
- Got a real good camera and spent some quality time learning how to use it.
- Started spending quality time on editing my photographs...I may finally have a hobby!
- Took the Crazies on a plane.
- Slammed my son's finger in our door two days in a row.
- Hired a babysitter.
- Cooked a whole chicken.
- Considered marriage counseling (who hasn't?).
- Wore a one-piece swim suit.
- Started attending spin class with regularity.
- Started attending yoga class with regularity.
- Suffered my first "sports" related injury (see 10 & 11).
- Watched a child be completely incapacitated by a high fever.
- Seriously considered taking my child to the Emergency Room.
- Contemplated what life would be like if I couldn't walk normally again.
- Really realized the kind of crap Sister has to go through on a daily basis.
- Left a note on someone's windshield b/c they parked too close to me.
- Really started to enjoy the Crazies.
- Baked cookies for the holidays (and found that incredibly therapeutic).
- Sponsored a child from Kenya.
- Used TV as a babysitter.
- Rekindled some great friendships.
- Allow other ones to slide trusting the fact that we're all too busy right now, but eventually we'll be back to "normal" (whatever that is).
- Practiced a random act of kindness (that checker at Target finally smiled when I offered her a gift card I wasn't going to use...I hope it made her day).
- Spent a lot of time trying to think of a way to thank a group of people who made my life easier...in the end, I came up with bringing lasagna, garlic bread, and cookies to my physical therapy office. After all, they helped me walk again (dramatic much?).
- Was on television talking about my experience with infertility...the day before my knee surgery.
- Consciously started taking care of my skin.
What about you? What were your "firsts" in 2010? Link up!