Ummm...Please Don't Steal My Craziness...Okay? Thanks!

People I Love...follow along if you're so inclined!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Brain Update...cause you've been dying to know, right?

So, as our lovely governor of California would say...

What a hunk of man meat, huh?  He's too much for me, but go Maria Shriver...handle that!  (Image credit)


It's not a tumor!  I wasn't really worried about a brain tumor, but more of a benign tumor resting on a part of my inner ear.  Okay, maybe I was a little worried about a brain tumor, but we didn't see one, did we?  Yes, I showed you my brain...what a winner.

So, it looks like it was part of a virus from the never ending cold that settled in my ear.  I just have to wait it out.  Also, since alcohol seems to make it worse, I'm off that for a while...until my brain gets its fucking act together recalibrates (yeah, sounds shitty to me too).  The wine thing hasn't been a problem, I just switched to tea...cheaper, and I've already lost 2 pounds.

He also mentioned dehydration (as many people have) being a factor and how dry the houses are right now.  He isn't kidding...if I didn't have an IUD, my uterus may look like a raisin by now!  YIKES!!!  It's like living in a really cold desert...doesn't that sound like the suckiest place on Earth???

So, there you have it.  I'm relatively normal.

In other news, I was driving the Crazies home from preschool yesterday and had this little conversation:

Mommy:  Did you have fun at school today?
Hailey:  Daddy at work?
Mommy:  Yes, Daddy's at work today.
Hailey:  Oh...I no yike Mommy.
Matt:  I love Daddy.
Hailey:  Yeah...I love Daddy too.
Mommy:  Does anyone love Mommy today:
Both (casually, as if they aren't ripping my heart out):  Nah...

P.S. I just saw something about books for blogging...come on, is it really that hard?

19 comments:

Missy said...

Glad to know your brain is good! : ) My dr. recommended to place cups of water over our vents in our house to add moisture in the air but my dogs kept drinking them!

And um, yeah, Blogging for Dummies, seriously? The cashier should smack that person just for buying the book

The Captain's Wife said...

2 things...

ear things - I suffer from chronic ear infections, which do cause me all sorts of weirdness. Two things my ENT suggested this last time I went in (for the same sucky virus) was to begin using soem "rinses" more often. I have been doing a sinus rinse (you can buy the sinus rince kit at the pharmacy) and an ear flush. I made the ear flush with 1/3 rubbing alcohol, 1/3 peroxide, and 1/3 water. Mixed them into a container and used a nose sucky thing (for babies) to flush my ears. It has helped keep my outter ears and head in general in good shape.


blogging class - I noticed that my local library offers a class for "learn how to blog"....really? I mean I am no stellar blogger, but come on.

Danifred said...

So glad to hear all is well! We have a house humidifier on our furnace and it is, by far, one of the best purchases we've ever made. So worth investigating (not so much for hydration, but you won't have that winter dry skin :)

Nic said...

I am pleased your brain is fine.
I love your kids, they have great conversations, always makes me laugh!

andrea said...

glad to hear alls good in the brain dept!
your kids crack me up!

Deanna said...

Great news! (Except for the cutting out alcohol part?

Matt & Hailey are too funny! My girls kept saying "noooo" when J asked them this weekend if they love their daddy. Don't they understand what that does to us??

Carrie27 said...

How long are you supposed to wait this out?

Your house is too dry, and mine is too wet. We had to spend an arm and a leg purchasing a dehumidifier for our downstairs.

Thank you for the disturbing picture.

Jules said...

The girls still refuse to let me get them out of the car - has to be daddy. I give up. :p

MiMi said...

I'm so glad it's just a cold! But still, irritating and barfy.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

So glad you are fine!!!

Our skin gets like that in winter too - Jhb is DRY.

I'm so glad you posted their conversation - Kendra has been off me the last week or so and tonight I just felt really really hurt.

Christina said...

I'm glad your good! :) No wine for a while, that sucks. I'll have an extra for you tonight!

I ask my kids if they missed me one time, and they both said "no, we missed Daddy!" Nice girls.

Meant to be a mom said...

Ok first of all, I'm so glad "its not a tuma". as Arnold would say in his accent. :)

Second, wow kids can really be brutal can't they, don't worry you will be their favorite again next week probably.

And last books for blogging. REALLY? No no... REALLY!

krayzid0rk said...

Do you go to a chiropractor at all? I swear by them.

Also my humidifier I got has been saving my poor sinuses the past two weeks since I bought it. I for sure thought my brain and sinuses had shriveled from all these pregnancy hormones, but that moisture has saved them!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Have you seen my blog?!

...yes! It's really that hard...!

j/k. Glad it's not a tuma. Now I need to go plug my humidifier in because you're right - it's not fun to live in a really cold desert. (otherwise known as Utah)

Stepping On Cheerios said...

oh...they love you, no matter what they say and you know it.

Denise said...

Glad to hear that the vertigo will pass and is nothing serious. It is also good to know that you still have a brain in there. Sometimes I wonder about mine!

Barbara Manatee said...

I totally heard Arnold say the good news!

Gosh - tough crowd! Adam goes in streaks on who he favors. One day all he wants is Mommy and literally pushes daddy away...then the next he screams if I try to pick him up. Make up your mind kid! Sarah's usually a Mommy's girl and Jacob's usually Daddy's boy...but they (usually) share the love (although sarah can be very stingy)

Mom said...

I love 'em but your kids (who love Daddy and not you apparently :)) don't want to Skype with me, their grandmother! WHAT? That hurts my feelings. Nah, they're just asserting themselves and know we can take it - right?

krayzid0rk said...

Netti pot is totally worth it. I've used it and it works and my mom totally swears by it too. I've been trying to get the guy to use it for his sinuses but he's not as much of a hippy as I am.

They also have chiropractors who don't go bending and snapping you. They have this little gun type machine with a rubber button on it, and they feel where you're outta whack at and click it against your back and it adjusts you without the scary aspect of it.