Ummm...Please Don't Steal My Craziness...Okay? Thanks!

People I Love...follow along if you're so inclined!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snowed In

I do not like Winter.

It's a fact.

I hate the cold, hate the snow, hate the wet, hate the dirty, hate the melt, hate the ice, hate the stupid people driving all over the roads, hate the school closures, the messing up of my schedules (yes, Mother Nature, it's all about me), and basically am just not a fan...did ya get that at all?

However, I chose to live in a place that welcomes the seasons in all of their glory...so, for about 25% of the year, I am screwed.

I have learned over the past 2.5 years, that I have to deal with it and am not allowed to curl up under my covers and ignore the day away...I have the Crazies.  They won't let me.

So, this is how we spent our day yesterday...BTW, this is only the first part of the storm.  We got another 12 inches after this, so don't think we were let off easy!

Just had to get a show of the Crazies in their snowpants...best money we ever spent...very well made and warm!  I love these jacket/snowpant combos and will definitely be purchasing them for years to come!  Thanks Children's Place!

Hailey just enjoyed walking around.  Matt was giving dirty looks to people who were driving too fast (you might have to click to see that), and then I put them to work.  Why have children if you can't put them to work???

This is our snowman.  His name is Snowman (not chosen by Mommy).  We love him more than the first one that Mommy built (which Hailey promptly kicked over...she hates me).  He's the best and we'd like to give a special shout-out to GG for the Snowman Kit!  Mommy never would have had this stuff together!

Then we went for a walk...in the freezing cold sleet...with the Crazies...and Dog...and it freaking took forever.  BTW, kids are even more heavy when they're all bundled up and have soaked themselves in snow.  Hailey could barely make it back and had to be carried part of the way.  Matt went boneless in the middle of a slush puddle because he couldn't hold Daddy's hand.  Daddy and I only got into one right after Dog nearly took my arm off and he was asking for the leash...trying to assert my independent is sometimes foolish.

The Crazies after our walk...their little cheeks were ridiculously rosy and apparently Matt was upset about something.  Check out the puss on that kid!  YIKES!  Then we settled in, had popcorn, watched a movie, and proceeded to fight about nothing all day.


So, there you have it...here are the things I wouldn't do before kids:  go outside in sleet, enforce child labor, build two snowmen, name a snowman, decorate a snowman, force a child to make a snow angel, take a long walk in sleet, and generally have a good time...what I was missing out on, right???

Oh, and then there's this...

16 comments:

Manda said...

you did such a good job with winter yesterday! i'm figuring a nice "relaxing" snow day was pretty stressful. good pics though!

so glad the storm hit yesterday and not today...keep your fingers crossed for the flight.

Maggi said...

Awww, husbands say the sweetest things! :P

So glad the storm missed us this time, we just got rain. Woo hoo!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I wish I had bought snow suits for the girls this year. We've had quite a bit, but they haven't gotten out in it yet. It's still basically a novelty here, though, so although I don't love it, I don't hate it as much as you do. :)

And love the FB exchange. But I have to admit...it took me just a minute to figure out why your hubby had a frilly pink heart as his profile picture...bwahahaha!!!

Deanna said...

Love the FB conversation! Like Mandy, I was trying to figure out why he had a heart for his picture. : )

If we continue to get snow like we have this year, I might have to invest in some of those snow suits next year. That's just not right in Alabama. Cute pictures!

Stacey said...

Love the snowsuits... may have to invest in one of those for my 2 girlies! Convo w/hubby too funny... mine would probably say the same thing! Hopefully mother nature will get the hint & give us spring early!

Missy said...

Love the FB chat!
Adorable pictures! I have a solution - move to Alabama, we normally have warmer weather. : )

MiMi said...

The FB chat is hilarious!!!
The kids look adorable next to Snowman. They are as creative as my kids.
Hey kids, what should we name our Elf on the Shelf?
Elf.
Ugh.

Meant to be a mom said...

Wow that is a lot of snow.
I love the snowman you guys made. Its nice of you that you went out with them even though you don't like the snow. I don't blame you. I'm not a fan either.

It looks like the kids had fun though. They are too cute in there snowsuits.

Jules said...

I've gotten the "you're worse than them" comment before - like I complained all the good food was gone last night. (like it's my fault he ate all the cookies and blamed it on the girls.)

Snow is getting really old. Last week we had a good 10 inches but hubby & I took getting to work in that over being inside all day with two hellbent toddlers.

Mandy said...

Ha! Same hub love here!! If they close schools tomorrow for the dusting we're suppose to get I may be on the news...

Christina said...

I still don't go out in the snow...my children are deprived of it because I hate it. ;)

Barbara Manatee said...

a snowman kit? how convenient! ha!

I love TCP coats and hats, too. Sarah has a full set and the boys have hats and gloves from there this year (picked up coats/pants at a Mom 2 Mom sale so not TCP). Sarah's even been able to get 2 years out of hers! wow!

So nice of DH...my DH works from home so he has mixed feelings on the days we're all home - he kinda likes that he can come out of his cave for lunch and see us all...but gets frustrated with us all in and out of the den throughout the day or the noisy kids!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

...and I live in the state that touts "the greatest snow on earth".

We don't even have an inch.

Go figure.

Melissa (Confessions of a Dr. Mom) said...

Oh, they look like they had a blast! Kids really do push us to do things we normally wouldn't. So even if we have to drag our sorry selves...we end up kinda liking it ;)

Awesome snowman!

Carrie27 said...

We haven't been able to build a snowman yet, and this is not good for a little boy who is obsessed with watching and singing "Frosty the Snowman."

Danifred said...

Oh, snowsuits, how I love thee.
And your husband's FB comment is hilarious, I can totally see the same things being said here :)