Ummm...Please Don't Steal My Craziness...Okay? Thanks!

People I Love...follow along if you're so inclined!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

Head over to visit our hostess, Miss Danifred...she's uber-cool.

  • I think the time has come to split up the Crazies...no more sharing a room.
  • This brings a lot of stress b/c, honestly?  We have too much furniture in our house.
  • We need to get rid of some stuff, put some in storage, and move some stuff around.
  • Oh, then we need to redecorate, get bed rails, buy a full mattress, get bedding, talk the Crazies into actually sleeping in their new beds, worry about them falling out, make sure they're not playing when they should be sleeping, recreate a bedtime routine, and hope for the best.
  • Yes, we may be completely  nuts, but it had to happen sometime, right?

  • Sorry about my pity party yesterday.
  • I don't know what got into me.
  • Raising three-year olds is awesome...especially when you can do two at a time.
  • Everyone should do it.
  • It's just awesome.
  • No sarcasm here.
  • I don't believe in it.
  • It just feels unnatural.

  • Toddlers are a libido killer.
  • Those words were uttered by Husband last night.
  • Apparently we need another vacation.

  • We start Tae Kwon Do this weekend.
  • Right after our flu vaccinations.
  • Some may think this is "mean" (ahem...cough...GG).
  • I think it's distracting.
  • They'll be fine.
  • And I wonder why my children torture me on a daily basis.

  • Fall television is taking over my life.
  • I barely watched TV when it was Summer.
  • I love all the new shows coming back into my life.
  • However, I'd like a little bit of time to actually watch them.
  • What's your guiltiest pleasure?

  • I've decided to hold the Crazies back from Kindergarten right after they turn five (they're 12 days ahead of the cut-off).
  • This decision has come after multiple conversations with friends, acquaintances, professionals, strangers, and Husband.
  • I think it's the best thing.
  • It's the only time I can do it.
  • It puts me at ease.
  • I don't think it's a decision that I'll regret.
  • The only downside is that I'll be one more year out of work.
  • Note to self:  redefine "downside."

  • My friend, with cancer, got a good report.
  • I mean, as good as a cancer report can be.
  • She doesn't need chemo or radiation.
  • She has a good prognosis.
  • She's realized who her real friends are.
  • As much as I wonder sometimes, I hope I never have to find out.

13 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I'm so glad to hear that your friend got a positive report. I didn't comment on the post you wrote, but I've certainly been thinking about her. That's pretty sobering to think about at our age and stage of life. Will continue to send her thoughts for a full recovery.

And I can't wait to hear your Tae Kwon Do adventures! I'm sure it will make for some good blog fodder! ;)

Mom said...

Yay for good news!!

You have every right to complain sometimes - you are human, you know.

Good choices - been thinking alot this week, huh?

Enjoy your weekend!

The Captain's Wife said...

I hope that you find that giving them their own space meets all of your expectations. And getting rid of stuff may be good. Allows for a fresh start.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Glad your friend had good news!

Can't wait to read about the Bed Adventures.

I'm going to send you a link I think you'll like.

And good idea to keep them back - 1 year is nothing in the grand scheme of life, right? ;) (remind me of this if I need it!)

strongblonde said...

great news about your friend. i remember being surprised about that, too: you really do find out who your real friends are!

can't wait to hear more about the room seperation! i am still really hoping that they will share until they are 5.

and tv?? i can't believe how full the tivo queue is! i'm officially cancelling netflix. i don't have time to watch what's in there! i've been carrying the king's speech around in my bag since july. i just can't bring myself to watch something that's longer than 60 minutes. unless you count project runway. or football. :)

and glad to hear you made a decision about school. that's what i'm leaning toward, too. i really don't think you'll regret it :)

Lisa said...

Don't worry about them falling out of the beds...PJ has about once. Seriously. :)

I am glad you are feeling better, and really glad about your friend.

Carrie27 said...

I'm so excited for them to get their own rooms because you are going to make them so cute! All three of mine were in bigger beds before this age and maybe fallen a total of three times between them. We don't have bedrails, just have one side of the bed against the wall.

Children are definitely a libido killer. You have to schedule or plan it unlike before when you could whenever you wanted to.

Jeni said...

Stopping by from FNL...

Fall TV? I don't watch much at all, but I was intrigued by (and enjoyed) Revenge on Wednesday night.

For what it's worth (and as a former teacher), think the decision you made re: the start of Kindergarten is right on the mark. Enjoy your weekend and good look splitting up the bedrooms!

Jeni said...

"good luck"...fingers moved faster than the brain :)

Courtney said...

I think we're going to hold out 3 year old back when the time comes. I've talked to a lot of educators and they all seem to think its a good idea

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I think you are making the right decision about waiting on Kindergarten. Puck is one of the oldest in his class because he missed the cut off by a couple of weeks. There is a big difference in attitude, behavior, and maturity. Also, having a boy and thinking ahead to high school I think it will be nice for things like Sports if he is a little older and possibly bigger:)

Have a great weekend:)

Danifred said...

Fall television is killing my motivation level. I'm loving the time I just get to sit on the couch and watch and watch and watch. Ah... the magic box.

Barbara Manatee said...

so much to comment on...

J&S are still together b/c Adam still naps and goes to bed a lil bit sooner than the twins do. We need to purchase bunk beds though ASAP as they are outgrowing their toddler beds. Not sure when we'll have time to do that though! needs to be SOON...at the latest - their birthdays.

Fall TV...thank god for DVR...trying to catch up and its only the first week!

you know I'm with you on the waiting for KDG. Already so glad we decided that. They are doing great in Dev. Kdg but I know in teh long run its the best thing. They are 5 days from the cut off here but if we went by their Due Date, they'd have had to wait the year anyways.

So glad your friend received a good prognosis! Hope treatment is effective!!