- It is not cool to have a sick kid when you're away from home.
- It is not cool that I tried the mattresses on the floors only to fail miserably. They're all over the place. Last night, in order to get to Hailey in the middle of one of her fever-induced nightmares, I had to pick up all 31 pounds of deadweight of Matt and move him back onto his bed...my back is not happy with me.
- It is not cool that Hailey has a fever and it's just not going away.
- It is not cool that her only symptom is that her "tongue hurts." What's up with that? (BTW, no sores or anything).
- It is not cool that I haven't gotten a full night's sleep since I got here.
- It is not cool that we're limited in what we do b/c Hailey feels so crappy. I really had a lot of plans to see people and I just feel like I'm disappointing (even though it's totally not my fault and they're being understanding...it's disappointing).
- It is not cool that she seems fine one minute and is a puddle the next.
- It is not cool that I'm complaining...I hate complaining...especially when there's nothing I can do about the situation.
So, I'll stop...wanna know what IS cool?
- It is cool that the weather has been beautiful since we've gotten here.
- It is cool that Matt can cannonball into the pool, go under, and swim back to the ladder unassisted. He's wearing swimmies, but still...pretty awesome for a kid who didn't even want his face to get wet a couple of months ago.
- It is cool that Hailey looks so adorable in the rompers from Aunt Manda.
- It is cool that she loves NY pizza.
- It is cool that Matt slept all night last night (lucky him...I'm totally jealous of a 3 year old).
- It is cool that Matt tried to use his lovey to make Hailey feel better. He thinks Louie has special healing powers and I love that he thinks that.
- It is cool that they sang "You Are My Sunshine" with me last night...it was adorable.
- It is cool that I get to see Husband in a few days...I really miss my partner and my friend.
What's cool and not cool in your world this weekend?