1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Even though I can't stand doing it, I love the way it looks when all of those sparkly packages are under the tree. It's gift bags for other people though...after all, I can't see under their tree!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. If I had my way, we'd have a perfectly lit fake tree, but Husband reigns supreme around Christmas time (plus, he takes care of it).
3. When do you put up the tree? Today!!!!!
4. When do you take the tree down? We try to wait until after New Year's, but it might be sooner than that this year...our house is so dry that it'll probably be like taking a piece of tree jerky out of here!
5. Do you like eggnog? Only if it's spiked.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Jem and the Hollograms Stage.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes...it's up in our dining room. The Crazies want to know if they're going to see Mary and Baby Jesus on Christmas...that should be an interested explanation.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Husband...he's such a good gift giver. I always feel like I'm letting him down.
9. Easiest person to buy for? ME!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...it's the only time of year that I love to get the mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A red loose knit sweater with a rhinestone encrusted zipper to the side of the neck...ya know, in case I wanted my sweater to morph into an even uglier turtleneck.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I'll go with Christmas Story (Ralphie) or Christmas Vacation...Oooooh...or It's a Wonderful Life.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early November.
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Possibly some of my teaching presents.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies...I only like one or two, but they're the best when they're just a few minutes out of the oven and you're burning your lips on still melting chocolate chips. Then I have to switch to dip...any kind of dip will do!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights all the way!
17. Favorite Christmas song? That one by Josh Groban where he's like "Gloooooooria." That's da bomb.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home...we're traveling around Christmas, but we're really trying to start our own family traditions at Christmas. I'm sure as the Crazies get older, we'll ease up on this, but we only get these years for a little while. We've gotta milk it for all it's worth, so in a few years when they're saying, "I didn't get this computer game..." or "this is the worst Christmas EVER!" we have good memories.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes...I'm proud of that.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel...we just got a new one this year after a few years of searching. Finding the prefect tree topper is TOUGH!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We used to do gifts from each other on Christmas Eve and then Santa in the morning. I think we'll do all gifts Christmas morning this year.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Stupid people, but that's a year long thing. It's just that more of them come out of their holes around Christmas.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I love sparkle and silver and gold. Anything obnoxious goes in our house. My wreath on my front door is made out of Christmas balls...Husband fought me on it, but I adore it.