Here are this mornings questions that I'd ask you if we were sitting at Starbucks enjoying a peppermint mocha (instead of settling for a Keurig Chai Tea b/c you ran out of coffee and haven't made it to Kohl's yet):
1. How was your week?
2. What was the one thing you wanted to get done this weekend?
3. Did you get it done?
4. What is one popular holiday "tradition" that you will just never understand?
5. Is there a gift that you bought for someone this Christmas that you're totally nervous about?
6. Are you going to be able to attend church services this year?
7. What are you wearing right now? If you house burned down and you had to run outside, do you look acceptable enough to be interviewed by the local news??
Here are my answers:
1. How was your week? Good. We accomplished a lot. I didn't have any tutoring students cancel. Although Hailey's change in sleeping is killing me. She sleeps with way too much crap in her bed and I'm going to have to fight that battle tonight. I'm not looking forward to it.
2. What was the one thing you wanted to get done this weekend? We wanted to get our Christmas Village house and our Christmas tree.
3. Did you get it done? Yes...and it was a pretty stressLESS process. We found an awesome shop in the process too...an amazing amount of Christmas stuff.
4. What is one popular holiday "tradition" that you will just never understand? If you're friends with me on FB, you'll know that I didn't understand this 12/5 St. Nick thing. I still don't really get it, but now I get that it's a European thing and the kids are supposed to get candies and treats in their stockings. The thing I still don't understand is WHY? And why does it happen on December 5th. And am I making a mistake by putting our stockings out on Christmas Eve? Does Santa think I'm "behind the times" because I should have done it on 12/5? Why are kids getting presents BEFORE Christmas? Am I mean b/c I think that's just too nice? LOL
5. Is there a gift that you bought for someone this Christmas that you're totally nervous about? Yup...I went out on a limb for Sister and I'm a bit nervous. I'll get over it though b/c you can return everything, right?
6. Are you going to be able to attend church services this year? We're really going to try. We've had issues other years b/c of nap schedules and stuff, but we'd really like to go this year. I love to sit in the sanctuary and sing Christmas carols among the poinsettias, but we'll see. They only have services on Christmas Eve and we're not sure what time we're expected at SIL's yet. We'll figure it out.
7. What are you wearing right now? If you house burned down and you had to run outside, do you look acceptable enough to be interviewed by the local news?? Oh Good lord...I'm wearing pink and white striped pants, a green t-shirt with a hole in the armpit (how do I get holes in my armpit...are my pits really working that hard?), and my zebra striped robe. No, I don't think I'd want to get interviewed...this is just scary.