First of all, Merry Christmas.
Second of all, here are today's questions:
- Were there any presents this Christmas that made you cry?
- Are you taking your tree down tomorrow?
- Who did you wish you were with that you weren't today?
- What was your favorite food of the day?
- Were your kids well behaved?
- How many times did you watch Ralphie in A Christmas Story?
- What did you wear today (in a totally non-pervy way)?
Here are today's answers:
- Were there any presents this Christmas that made you cry? I broke down and lost my shit at Hailey's ornament that she made at school. Then I opened Matt's and cried again. They were just so sweet and I lost my mind thinking about how many years I have to put them on my tree and think about how sweet they were at this age. I love them more than I can even say. Oh, and how do these preschool teachers fit it all in??? Not only did they prepare these kids for a Christmas performance, but they created these beautiful and meaningful ornaments...they're amazing. I also cried at Husband's gift of a beautiful watch...he is the most generous person and always knows what I want even if I don't know I want it.
- Are you taking your tree down tomorrow? No way, Jose! I'm leaving it up for a while...at least until the garbage people come to drag it out of my house (wouldn't that be nice?). I'd love it if my Dad could see it!
- Who did you wish you were with that you weren't today? My family. It's just not the same as it was since we're all spread out. I miss all the chaos, but at the same time, I love being able to stay home all day, not rush, and play with our new toys.
- What was your favorite food of the day? I thought it would be the crab dip that I made, but it certainly was NOT that! I've gotta say it was our ham...Nature's Promise with the Boar's Head glaze...yum-a-dum-dummy.
- Were your kids well behaved? We had a few outbursts, but in general, they were rock stars.
- How many times did you watch Ralphie in A Christmas Story? I'm voting at least 6. I applaud TBS for showing that movie every year despite its obvious lack of political correctness in most scenes. I love it and will become one of those crazy people if they ever stop showing it because someone got upset because it was "offensive." I love Ralphie and his little brother (whose name escapes me right this minute...you know...the one who eats like a pig at the dinner table and it's completely hysterical?).
- What did you wear today (in a totally non-pervy way)? I sported the sexy flannel penguin pajamas for the first half of the day and finished it off with yoga pants and a sweatshirt...I am the epitome of hotness right now. Oh, and no makeup...that should be shocking for those of you who have followed for a while...absolutely shocking (and it doesn't count that I left last night's makeup on out of sheer exhaustion...it's not enough to be considered a full makeup day).
Okay...your turn. If you're going to play Cawfee Tawk, please link back to me so I can see it...oh, and leave a comment...that's always nice too! Merry Merry!!