Ummm...Please Don't Steal My Craziness...Okay? Thanks!

People I Love...follow along if you're so inclined!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers

Me:  Hailey, please feed the dog.
H:  Okay!
(a few minutes later)
H:  I did it!  I put da food in with da water so Brie could eat and drink at da same time!
Me:  What the...okay, thanks!

She was so damn proud of herself, I couldn't let her think that was a total fuck-up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teacher:  Mrs. T, you need to come get Matt.  He threw up and looks as white as a ghost.  I've never seen him like this before.
Me:  Okay, I'll be right there.

Go get him, get Hailey out of her Valentine's Day party, go home and try to get him to relax.

60 minutes later...

M:  Mom, I'm ready to go back to school now.  I'm better.
Me:  No, you need to rest.
M:  Mo-om...I'm better.  I want candy!
Me:  No candy for you.

He bounced around the house for the rest of the day.  He was totally ready for school the today, but I had to heed the 24 hour rule and he stayed with me instead.  He was a peach while I got my nails done!

I hate sicks that aren't really sicks, but make you do things that regular sicks do anyway.

I'm not complaining b/c real sicks suck big time, but fake sicks come with all of the inconvenience of a real sick and maybe they shouldn't!  Maybe it is possible that this kid wound himself up so much that he made himself puke.  It's happened before!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 H:  I want to eat all of my candy.
Me:  Well, we're not going to be doing that.  As a matter of fact, you're going to be very caring to your brother b/c he's sick.
H:  Hmmm...okay, so I can eat all of his candy too?

Oh geez...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Other than that, two birthday parties this weekend.  

We are nearing the end of our tae kwon do careers (even though M told me today that he doesn't want to and he loves TKD).  

Swim lessons went GREAT this week!  

We were out on our bikes this afternoon after a nice 2-hour delay from snow yesterday.  We also went in the backyard and ate snow...a popular choice of activity amongst 4 year olds!   

I made my awesome crab cakes from the other day and while they tasted awesome, mine fell apart.  I think it was b/c the stupid ceramic thing wasn't on the burner correctly and I didn't use a nonstick pan...duh.

Husband did a great job with V-day.  He really thought about his choices and included the Crazies.  Can't beat that with a bat!

Did I mention that this Spring Husband will be coaching t-ball (which the Crazies can't participate in b/c of their late bdays), Hailey will be taking softball, and Matt will be in lacrosse?  Yes, I'm a lunatic.  They're all only a clinic level thing, but still 3 activities for 4 people...I'm going to have to get one of those pathetic signs that say "Mom's Taxi."*  God, I hate those.  


My lunch...leftovers from last night.  Crab cake, cauliflower mash, and roasted asparagus.  Pretty damn awesome.

Love this stuff.  Can't stop eating it!  Thank God there are two levels!!
I just love these.  I already had the Newport one from Sister, but Hailey chose the birthstone, Matt chose the anchor, and Husband chose the NY Yankees (surprised me from a Phillies fan)!  Love them, but they don't allow me to sneak up on the Crazies as well as I could with a naked wrist!


*  Disclaimer:  I will never have one of those signs on my car.

I think Danifred is still doing Friday Night Leftovers, so give her a shout!

2 comments:

Barbara Manatee said...

Hello long lost blog-friend! Trying to catch up on some of my fave blogs tonight!

Those crab cakes look/sound awesome! Our valentine's day was a total bust...I worked all day then had to volunteer at a fundraiser that night. I saw my kids for less than an hour that day :-( At least hubby and I had a date night Saturday to sorta make up for it. We didn't do any gifts or even cards for each other. Lame.

The water/dog food thing totally sounds like something Adam would do if left unsupervised while feeding the dogs. He's dumped TONS of food in their bowls before. He now just "helps" us feed the dogs when its his job.

Carrie27 said...

I have never heard of these chocolates. I must investigate.