Ummm...Please Don't Steal My Craziness...Okay? Thanks!

People I Love...follow along if you're so inclined!

Friday, August 16, 2013

Quick Updates After My First Week Back at Work

  • I'm so glad I'm back.  I've missed teaching.
  • I'm excited about my year.
  • The Crazies have tolerated the changes very well.
  • Matt still tells me he wants to quit full day school every day when I ask him how his day was.
  • Hailey loves it.
  • I am tired, but not overwhelmingly so.  
  • I'm sure that will change next week when staff is back.
  • I'm sure that will change drastically the week after when kids are back.
  • I'm pretty sure that I'll still be glad to be back.
  • I haven't worked out at all this week except a mini-session of yoga in the living room last night.  I miss it.
  • That's next week's task.
  • I have barely thought about the Crazies party tomorrow and will be up all night making tissue paper pompoms.
  • I need some more clothes.
  • I desperately need shoes.
  • I have no idea how I wore heels every day.
  • That makes me feel old.
  • Pretty sure I'm taking the one pair of pants I bought to be worn with heel back to the store to be exchanged for the petite size to avoid torture.
  • I can't wear heels with dresses...just can't do it.
  • Can't believe my "babies" will be 5 on Sunday...WTH???
  • I gotta go to work...and maybe get a Star.bucks on the way...holla!

6 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Glad to see signs of life on the blog! I've been thinking about you! Hope things continue to go well...one day at a time.

I don't know if this holds for teaching, but when I was working, I would suggest to new hires that it takes a good 3-4 months to feel like you know what you're doing...where you don't have to ask 100 questions a day. I give it up to 6 months if it's a really big change.

I share that [unsolicited advice] to say, hang in there and give it time to feel "normal".

You're going to be awesome!

Hillary said...

I never knew how you wore heels every day! I usually last about 2 hours and then defer to the flats stashed in my bag.

This whole post (minus Matt hating school) made me so happy. Even if you're not teaching in the same school I am, I just love the idea of you being back in the classroom!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

So glad you're enjoying yourself! You give me hope and inspiration :)

Barbara Manatee said...

Yeah!! So glad the first week went well! I am so happy you're back in the classroom and excited to start the year! Good luck finding balance with all the changes - you know that I know how tough it is!

Can't wait to hear more about how it is going!

strongblonde said...

the first week is the best. :) you feel organized, your supplies are all in order, you have energy! it will be a great year! wahoo.

and i look at my old shoes and wonder how the eff i managed to walk all over campus in them. am i just a wuss now?? do we become weaker in the foot? is this why people wear ugly shoes in older age? gah.

hope you will find time to update us :)

Carrie27 said...

So glad you are back where you want to be. You will find balance as time progresses to get in a work out, work, and family time.

Happy birthday to the Crazies!!!! 5 - sigh....