Ummm...Please Don't Steal My Craziness...Okay? Thanks!

People I Love...follow along if you're so inclined!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Who Knew?

Who knew that it would be so hard for an experienced, witty, intelligent teacher to get a job these days?

Who knew?

The job at the school 5 minutes didn't pan out.  They knew who they wanted to hire and went in that direction.  I get that.  It could have happened to me with my old principal.  I get that.

It sucks, but I get it.

The job at the school farther away is still open to the best of my knowledge.

I get a call from the supervisor in my county who says that the school 5 minutes away didn't pan out, but that there is a school 7 minutes away that suddenly has an opening.

WHAT?

Okay, so now I need to meet with the principal, but it's pretty much a done deal.  They want me.

Great.

I ask about salary.

She says that since the county hasn't been getting pay increase for the last few years (WHAT?) that they may not put me on the salary level that I deserve.

WHAT?

I don't want to make this all about money b/c there are TONS of things that will be better about this position, but money make the world go round, right?

We're not talking a small about of money either...possibly over $10,000.  

Not exactly small change.

So, what to do...what to do.  I want this wrapped up by this afternoon.  I don't want to have this hanging over me for the weekend.  I will make a decision today.

I will keep you posted b/c I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat, right?

Don't fall off.

BTW, I mentioned that I wasn't sure what I would do with my kids when I was arranging the interview with the principal of the 7 minute away school and he said to bring them...so, yeah...I'm bringing the Crazies to my interview.  The Crazies that are currently shouting "FREEZERAY!!!" in my living room.  This should be interesting.

Oh, and my blender was in the dishwasher that we forgot to run last night, so my breakfast was grilled chicken with blue cheese dressing drizzled with hot sauce rather than my typical smoothie.

I hope I don't get gassy from the hot sauce...that would make things even more perfect!  LOL!!!

11 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Godspeed, Rebecca! Wishing you clarity of thought (and well-behaved Crazies!)!

Barbara Manatee said...

First and foremost, I hope the Crazies are good so you can get through your interview without stressing out about how they are behaving! The way my boys have been acting lately, I'd probably be better off locking them in their rooms and going solo. ha!

Hoping this plays out well for you. I can only imagine how stressful it is!! I think its a good sign that new opportunities keep popping up for you - maybe the 'right' one is just around the corner!!

Good luck! Cant' wait to hear!

Amanda said...

You can prove how much patience you have with children! FX they offer you better pay!

kliddick said...

The no pay increase thing has been all over. I am in NJ and we have been on the same step for 4 years now and got a few hundred dollars more each year. (If we had gotten the regular step increases, it would be making about $10k more than I am now) Don't let the $$ make you not take the job because you will find the same thing everywhere, unfortunately. Good luck!

kliddick said...

The no pay increase thing has been all over. I am in NJ and we have been on the same step for 4 years now and got a few hundred dollars more each year. (If we had gotten the regular step increases, it would be making about $10k more than I am now) Don't let the $$ make you not take the job because you will find the same thing everywhere, unfortunately. Good luck!

kliddick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
strongblonde said...

WOW! i don't even take them to the grocery store without a second thought. in fact, they proved this point when i decided to stop by trader joes after story time this week. they decided to crash the little cart repeatedly into the wall. uhm....how do i get MY crazies to be less so???

so glad that you had another interview though! wouldn't it be better to drive 7 minutes??? fingers crossed that you can take care of this today and have a celebratory weekend!!!

Sadia said...

Best of luck! Where I work, we don't get cost of living raises and merit raises are very limited, so we take an effective pay cut every year. :(

Your students will be lucky to have you, wherever you end up.

Carrie27 said...

Good luck making a decision!!!

Kelly said...

Updates please!!!!

Kelly said...

Updates please!!!!